Welcome to The Whiteley Surgery Online
Welcome to our surgery website. We hope to use this site as a way of presenting our patients with an up to date resource for information relating to our practice. We will keep it current with news, developments and details that are relevant to the practice and our patients.
WEB GP IS HERE!
(Please take the time to fill in the Online Survey after completing your E-Consult.)
We have a tremendous demand on our appointments, but there are some things you can do to help us. Click here to read how you can help.
EASTER OPENING HOURS 2019
Thursday 18th April - Usual opening hours 0800-1930
Friday 19th April - CLOSED
Saturday 20th April - CLOSED
Sunday 21st April - CLOSED
Monday 22nd April - CLOSED
Tuesday 23rd April - Open as usual 0800-1830
Please visit the Latest News Page for all current events and important announcements/updates.
The surgery as part of the Fareham and Gosport Clinical Commissioning Group will be involved in a training afternoon (TARGET) and will be closed from 12.45pm on the following dates:
Thursday 2nd May 2019
Thursday 12th September 2019
Tuesday 3rd December 2019
If your concern cannot wait until the surgery is next open ring 111 in the event of a medical emergency.
The surgery will reopen at 8:00am on the following day after the 12:45 closure
The Whiteley Surgery appreciate that patients are within their rights to comment on the service they receive from healthcare professionals using the NHS Choices and Social Media websites.
The Whiteley Surgery strongly recommend and encourage that any patients who have legitimate issues follow a more productive complaints procedure by putting their concerns in writing either to the Practice Management Team or to the Secretary of the Whiteley Patient Participation Group, this ensures all involved have the opportunity to discuss and resolve any issues to a mutually satisfactory conclusion.
FACTS ABOUT GENERAL PRACTICE
Please click on the below link for a leaflet produced by the LMC for information about General Practice. Facts about General Practice
Infection control statement
We aim to keep our practice clean and tidy and offer a safe environment to our patients and staff. We are proud of our modern, purpose built Health Centre and endeavour to ensure it is kept clean and well maintained at all times.
If you have any concerns about cleanliness or infection control, please report these to our Patient Care Navigators.
Our GPs and Nursing staff follow our Infection Control Policy to ensure the care we deliver and the equipment we use is safe.
We take additional measures to ensure we maintain the highest standards:
- Encourage staff and patients to raise any issues or report any incidents relating to cleanliness and infection control. We can discuss these and identify improvements we can make to avoid any future problems.
- Carry out an annual infection control audit to make sure our infection control procedures are working.
- Provide annual staff updates and training on cleanliness and infection control
- Review our policies and procedures to make sure they are adequate and meet national guidance.
- Maintain the premises and equipment to a high standard within the available financial resources and ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to reduce or remove all infection risk.
- Use washable or disposable materials for items such as couch rolls, modesty curtains, floor coverings, towels etc, and ensure that these are laundered, cleaned or changed frequently to minimise risk of infection.
- Make Alcohol Hand Rub Gel available throughout the building
(Site updated 23/05/2019)